Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Salutations, and Packing Woes

Buongiurno, oh brave readers of this blog! Be prepared for much rambling, much excitement, and many pictures.

(A note on the name of this blog. Yes, I used two different literary references. Yes, in one of them I reworked Virgil to suit my needs. I have no shame.)

In this, my inaugural post, I am a mere 8 hours from leaving the ol' U.S. of A., and I have just finished the marathon event known as "packing." I was instructed to pack only one bag, as I will not want to be the lame girl carrying 5 bags around Europe, and I must also leave space for my Italian souvenirs in this bag. HA! That's funny.

Let me show you a picture of about half of the items that need to go into said suitcase.

I am incapable at packing lightly.

This is my face at the prospect of fitting everything into my poor, abused suitcase.

And this is how I felt after 2 hours of packing, and after realizing that I will have to take significantly less stuff than I would like.

However, everything finally fit, even if it did seem to magically gain 10 pounds overnight. Happiness.

Now, as scary as it seems, I am off to the airport, ready to bid America goodbye for four months! I'll see y'all on the other side!


No comments:

Post a Comment