Monday, February 20, 2012

The Most Important Food

Guys. I have a problem. It's called Nutella. I believe that I am in serious danger of becoming Nutella soon if I don't stop eating it.

Am I going to stop eating massive quantities of Nutella? Not on your life.

Want to see a scary picture? Here are all the jars of Nutella Rachel and I have gone through in the 4 1/2 weeks we've been here:

Oh lordy, that's scary

In our defense we've only actually eaten four of those... the two flanking the generic Nutella at the bottom are still completely full.

We were going to buy the giant jar of Nutella, but then we discovered that the smaller jars are actually drinking glasses when the Nutella is gone... and these particular ones are Looney Tunes themed. Obviously we needed them.

TWEETY IS ON MY NUTELLA

Before y'all go around thinking that I am just a sad, sad, unusual person sitting inside the house and eating Nutella all day, you should know that everyone else is just as obsessed (I suppose that doesn't mean I'm not a sad, sad person sitting around eating Nutella, but that's beside the point).

My friend Kyle has gone through 3 enormous jars while she's been here, and has confessed that the first thing she does upon waking up is grab her spoon and dig into the Nutella. My friend Ari uses Nutella in our Italian class whenever she needs an example of food she likes/has eaten recently/would like to eat now. Stella wakes up in the middle of the night in a panic if she runs out. (I would also like to point out that this is not purely an Italian phenomenon - my friends all over Europe have a similar addiction.)

Nutella. It's addicting. And very, very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment