Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"Are you doing anything this week?" "Oh, you know, just visiting Naples, Paris, and Rome. Whatever."

What I'm currently experiencing: midterms. Thus the lack of posts. I kind of forgot that actual schoolwork was involved in this whole study abroad business... it was a rude surprise that yes, I am still capable of procrastinating my way into 5 hours or less of sleep per night during midterms.

However, lots of fun things are happening! My suitemate Sarah is currently visiting me (HOORAY!), and we leave tomorrow for NAPLES for my spring break. On the midnight bus. It's fine. We just won't ever ever sleep ever ever again. Ever. (Did I mention I'm never sleeping again? I did? Ok, I just wanted to make sure everyone understands. It's not like I'm making a big deal about it or anything.)

However, the NAPLES part of that sentence was the most important part. Because hello Pompeii! Hello beach! I think the weather might possibly hate us, but I'm just going to go ahead and pretend that if I believe that it will be sunny and 60+, then it will be. Obviously.

After Naples comes Paris, then Rome. WHAT. I'll be gone for 10 days, and I'm beyond excited. It's highly possible that I'm going to die of happiness on this trip, because not only do I get to indulge my passion for Classics (aaaahhhh Pompeii and Rome aahhhhh), but I also get to see ALL OF THE ART! Seriously. My two requirements for Paris are the Louvre and Versailles, and my two art requirements for Rome are the Vatican (duh) and the Borghese, because asd;lfjsl;fjalfjsdl;kfaj Bernini. I don't know if y'all know Bernini, but he created some of the most beautiful statues in the history of ever. Plus MICHELANGELO, only my other favorite person ever. I'm slightly (ok more than slightly) worried that I'm going to start crying in front of his Pieta in Rome. It's fine. If you need me, I'll be the one sobbing in front of the statue. Don't worry. I'm not weird.

Ciao for 10 days, ragazzi!

View of the Mediterranean from Carnevale in Viareggio last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment